Too Much Sugar in Turnip Greens

I added too much sugar while cooking turnip greens. Is there any way to tone the sugar taste down? Sort of like you do when you add a potato if you've added too much salt.

By MddsonMorg from Shreveport, LA

I suggest to add more water to them let boil a few minutes then drain. If you want more water add more. I like bread in it.

Vinegar would counteract the sugar to make sweet & sour greens.

Was afraid to add vinegar so went with the "add more water" route. It worked! I drained them, added more water and boiled the fool out of them for about 5 min, then drained again. Thank you so much. I had too much cooked to just throw away.

It's so much healthier to just steam those greens and don't add sugar. Just use a little butter, salt & pepper on them when you eat them (light on the butter). They are loaded with iron and so good for you.