Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Color Advice for Bathroom with Dark Green Vinyl Floor

My bathroom floor is a dark green vinyl with a little bit of black and small amount of white in it. What color should I paint the walls? Please help! I was thinking of a shade of watermelon, I just don't think pink would be a good color. I have tried to find a shower curtain that I could choose a color, but I have not found one.

By Va. M. from Fredericksburg, VA

If you have a large bathroom, then watermelon would look good. Are you planning on using a watermelon theme? You could also go a very pale shade of mint green that looks more like a tint. We used this color in the ladies restroom at church and it looks very nice. Has a clean look, brightens the stalls and an area rug picking up the green goes nicely on the white painted floor. Also, the counter top is black with streaks of white and green marble look. So, a shade of the green in the counter top is what was chosen. You did not mention what color the floor is or the bathroom sink/tub/shower, etc.

A darker floor color can work for you if you balance your colors well. Your idea of a watermelon color would be nice, but a boarder with a similar dark green with a pattern near the ceiling or a center divider and add the color of your choice. The upper portion of some bathrooms is sometimes done in wall paper that enhances light tones with darker tones of the dark green or a mixed tone with the watermelon incorporated would be great. Having solid watermelon with the dark green, on the floor may make the space seem more confined if you have a small bathroom. Go take a look at your options and get some paint swatches the same color of the tile. (bring a few home to match up the green, to use this to hold against other colors, not to buy paint the same color) Or bring home colors in the watermelon shade and hold against the wall and floor. Think about what the curtains and other things you will be adding will define these color choices or maybe that you might end up with a third color with the watermelon.