Apple Turkey Table Favor
This is something special for the Thanksgiving table. Make one for each place setting. The kids can help with this project.
- art foam in brown, red, blue, yellow, and green
- scrap of fabric for bandana
- pinking shears for cutting tail pieces
- flat toothpicks
- puff paints, in black and white for eyes and beak
- red chenille stem
- white tacky glue
- delicious apple
- Trace the patterns on the foam using the photo as a guide for colors.
- Cut 2 tail feathers of each color with a pair of pinking shears.
- Cut 2 head pieces.
- Sandwich toothpicks between pieces for head and tail feathers, leaving enough at the bottom to stick into the apple.
- Spread them with Tacky Glue and clip them together or weight them down until they are dry.
- Use puff paints to make the eyes and the nostrils in the beak.
- Glue the beak into place.
- Shape the red chenille stem for the wattle, and glue to side of the beak as shown in the picture on page 2 (see PDF).
- Cut the heart shaped fabric with pinking shears for the bandana.
- Overlap the Xs on the pattern and glue with right sides up for the bandana.
- Stick the toothpick holding the head through the opening and insert into the apple.
- Insert tail feathers.
- If you like you can add name tags for place settings.
Note: You may have to enlarge the pattern pieces on page two (see PDF). The tail should be about 1 inch wide and 3 inches long and the heart for the bandana should be 3 inches across at the widest point. They don't have to be exact.
By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR
About The Author: Harlean Greathouse is a mother of three who has been married for 45 years. Long time readers of ThriftyFun will probably recognize her as Harlean from Arkansas, the name she has posted under as a valuable member of the ThriftyFun community. She specializes in wood crafts and enjoys designing crafts using recyclable materials, knitting, crochet and has been an arts and crafts vendor for over 35 years. Harlean has a CD available with 11 unique crafts designs for only $5.00 (including shipping). For more information visit:
October 21, 20090 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 3:40:56 PM on 10.0.0.204 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us