Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Can I Soften Hard Clumped Dishwasher Detergent?

How do I soften old, clumped together powdered dishwashing detergent?

By Deborah from Louisville, KY

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By cettina [74]03/24/2011

I agree with MCW except that after you have got it down to clumps, I would put it in a blender to get it back down to a powder. afterwards, store in an airtight container to prevent it happening again.

By Kathe03/23/2011

A piece of soft bread works with clumped up brown sugar so it will probably work with dishwashing clumps. Wait a couple of days to see if it worked. The bread will get really hard when used in brown sugar and it makes the sugar stay soft. I did this once with sugar that I thought I would have to throw away because it was so hard I couldn't even break it up with a knife.

By Marjorie C. Woodworth [82]03/23/2011

Probably the best thing to do is carefully open the box or you might have to cut off the top with a pair of scissors. Pour the powdered dish washing detergent in a plastic bag and break up the clumps with a rolling pin or a heavy spoon. Then store it in a plastic container.