Browsing: Softening Clumped Dishwasher Detergent

How Can I Soften Hard Clumped Dishwasher Detergent?

How do I soften old, clumped together powdered dishwashing detergent?

By Deborah from Louisville, KY

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Probably the best thing to do is carefully open the box or you might have to cut off the top with a pair of scissors. Pour the powdered dish washing detergent in a plastic bag and break up the clumps with a rolling pin or a heavy spoon. Then store it in a plastic container.

A piece of soft bread works with clumped up brown sugar so it will probably work with dishwashing clumps. Wait a couple of days to see if it worked. The bread will get really hard when used in brown sugar and it makes the sugar stay soft. I did this once with sugar that I thought I would have to throw away because it was so hard I couldn't even break it up with a knife.

I agree with MCW except that after you have got it down to clumps, I would put it in a blender to get it back down to a powder. afterwards, store in an airtight container to prevent it happening again.

Clumped Detergent
Softening Clumped Dishwasher Detergent
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesMarch 23, 2011
Interior of a full dishwasher.
Removing Hard Water Stains Inside Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Dishwasher Detergent
Other Uses for Dishwasher Detergent
Dishwasher Detergent Tablets
Saving Money on Dishwasher Detergent
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 12:23:58 AM on 10.0.0.9 in 485 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.