Getting Rid of Flying Insects Outside

I would like to get rid of the mosquitoes, gnats, and other flying things away from where I sit on the porch in my backyard. But I don't want anything that will hurt the lizards, snakes, insects or other helpful animals that eat the "bad" bugs. Does anyone have a recipe for this problem? Thank you!

By Metroplex from Houston

You might try setting burning mosquito coils near you. The smoke will keep away the flying insects. I'm now 70 and in good health so 20 years of burning the coils on Maui (40 years ago) apparently did not affect me. There are also some other commercial products that you can light up to have the same effect. Try looking in your local Lowe's or Home Depot in the insect control section.

Hi DeBushe,

Thank you for your suggestion; I would love and do this, but my husband is sensitive to them. Also citronella, mesquite, and the kind of mosquito things you talked about.

If it were me, I'd do it in a second because they do work. Unfortunately, when I've used them, my husband tells me I need to go bathe! because these kinds of smells give him a headache!

He's the same way with baby powder!

Thanks again and anything else you might suggest would be very welcome. You are the Queen of the mosquito killers!

Best regards,

Metroplex

swarm of mosquitos
Getting Rid of Flying Insects
Home and Garden Pest Control AdviceMay 17, 2010
bug spray
Identifying Flying Insects
Lady Bug on a Green Leaf
Identifying Beneficial Garden Insects
Two earwigs on a yellow flower.
Getting Rid of Earwigs
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 23, 2017 at 11:41:19 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.