Glue Stain on Pseudo Velvet

My daughter has Pritt stick or yoohoo glue on her Disney party dress, which is a pseudo velvet. I've tried freezing it and then picking off the excess glue but i also took off some of the velvet pile. It's a wash only dress at 40 degrees. I took it to the dry cleaners for advice but they were unhelpful. I haven't washed it at all yet, as i know that sometimes seals the stain.

Thank you,
Amanda from Stratford upon Avon, Warks, UK

Answers

Have you tried heating up the fabric and glue spot with hot water and soap? You may want to try keeping hot water above and below the spot to loosen the hardness of it and keep at it with soapy water as well.

If it has no metal, you may be able to nuke it in the microwave to heat up the glue and get it off easier.

~Dawn

http://www.frugalforlife.com

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJanuary 6, 2007
Red Velvet Cupcakes
Red Velvet Cupcake Recipes
velvet jacket
Cleaning Velvet Clothing and Fabric
Recipes Using Red Velvet Cake Mix
Recipes Using Red Velvet Cake Mix
Velvet Chair
Cleaning Velvet Upholstery
🎄