Trouble Sewing Elastic on Sheets

What is the easiest way to sew elastic on bed sheets? I start in the middle of the seam, but can't get it straight. I try and follow the mark in the middle of the foot. Thank you.

By Theresa from Autryville, NC

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Am presuming that you are talking about putting elastic around the 4 edges? I bought 2 packages of bias tape a bit wider than the elastic I planned to use. Sewed it on the edges of the sheet so it formed a tube all around the sheet edge but open at each corner. I cut elastic about 12 inches shorter than each side of the sheet [4 pieces in all] and threaded each through a tube [didn't want to replace entire length of elastic if it stretched out of shape] and fastened them together with safety pin - top elastic to the side elastic on both sides, then side elastic to the piece at the foot of the bed. It has lasted over a year!

Mahalo for asking for the easiest way because I am definitely going to use JoanDogs idea. Thank you to her also.

Answer

Fitted Sheet
Making Fitted Sheets
Crafts SewingJune 1, 2010
Cat playing With Elastic Cat Toy
Dangers of Elastic Cat Toys
Cookie sheet
Uses for Old Cookie Sheets
Elastic
Repairing the Elastic on Fitted Sheets
Elastic for Clothing
Saving Money on Elastic for Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 23, 2016 at 11:05:34 AM on 10.0.0.90 in 290 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.