Try a Flat Iron Steak

If you haven't tried a Flat Iron Steak, it's an economical cut of beef and you should try it. I can buy a $7.00 steak, $5.00 if you have a Kroger's card and feed three adults. What they call Flat Iron Steak at Wal-Mart isn't the real deal. Krogers is the only store around here that I know for sure carries them, but I'm sure there are other stores in other areas that do.

Make sure the meat is at room temperature and season your favorite way. Cook on a grill, moderate heat, for about 9-10 minutes per side. Don't flip it back and forth, just cook one side and then the other. Let rest 5 minutes and then slice diagonally; very important. Most of the time, you'll have a very flavorful, tender steak. I've found I can count on it being more tender than Sirloin or Rib Eye. You can cook it in a heavy, lightly greased skillet, but I haven't tried that. Check this cut of meat out on the Internet for additional information and recipes.

Source: My daughter-in-law that lives in Kansas told me about it and she does cook it in a skillet.

By Emma from N. Richland Hills, TX

This is a wonderful steak - marinate it if you need to - be sure to slice diagonally. They are very flavorful.

I purchased Flat Iron Steaks and Gordon Foods. 10 of them for not a bad price. They were so good.

A steak being cooked on a grill.
Grilling a Steak
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMay 28, 2008
Cooking with cast iron pans.
Cooking With Cast Iron Pans
steaks in a supermarket meat case
Saving Money on Steak
A person cleaning a flat screen monitor with a cloth.
Cleaning a Flat Screen Monitor
Repairing a Flat Tire
Repairing a Flat Tire