Easy Owl Valentine
Kids will enjoy creating these quick and easy valentines for their friends. Best of all, they're inexpensive to make!
Approximate Time: About 30 minutes
- 2 colors of coordinating scrapbook paper
- craft glue
- black marker
- piece of plain white paper
- new pencil or lollipop
- To create the owl, draw a simple owl shape onto plain white paper. Also, draw 2 round circles for the eyes, a triangle for the beak, and 2 hearts for the wings. (Refer to photo for a sample template.)
- Cut out all pattern pieces.
- Next, trace around the body onto one of the scrapbooking papers. Trace around the eyes, nose, and wings onto the other scrapbooking paper.
- Use a black marker to color in half of each circle for the eyes.
- Glue on eyes, nose and wings.
- Turn the owl over, and use the black marker to write a valentine message on the back such as: "You're a hoot!" or "To a real WISE guy."
- Turn the owl back over, with front facing up. Cut vertical slits about an inch apart near the bottom of the owl's body and slip a pencil or lollipop through the slits. Now your valentine is ready to present to your friend!
By Rachel's Mom from Wilkesboro, NC
February 2, 20110 found this helpful
Fantastic Valentine craft. Thank you for all the good instructions and patterns.
February 3, 20110 found this helpful
Adorable. Thanks for sharing.
February 10, 20140 found this helpful
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 24, 2016 at 7:57:14 AM on 10.0.0.227 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us