Pack Kids Clothing By Outfit For Camp

Kids going to camp? Here's a great way to organize their clothes. I have a son with autism who has some difficulty picking out his own clothes, so I came up with this and the camp loves it!

I put one day's set of clothes: shorts, shirt, socks, and underwear folded very neatly into a large zip-lock bag. I make one for each day (and include one extra if needed).

Then I also label them with a permanent marker, one for each day he is there. He likes finding the right one for the day, the camp counselors LOVE it, and I am also able to write little "care notes" on each one, or funny things, and how many more days he will have at camp.

They have even suggested this to other parents and caregivers in the preparation notes that go to the homes prior to camp!

By Lee from Wisconsin

Great idea! I work as a camp nurse. This is a wonderful idea to keep a handle on children's clothes. With so many kids in a bunk it can be a nightmare. Another suggestion would be to have the kids return the clothes to the bag when done. That way they would lose less. Also if something got extra dirty it wouldn't be mixed with everything else. Each summer the camp I work for is left with a bunch of socks underwear etc. This would cut down on the waste.

How smart you are! Plus, hooray for you treating your son to camp to be w/ other boys w/ Autism.

Kids at summer camp.
Packing for Summer Camp
Parenting General Parenting AdviceMay 15, 2008
Sweater Covered Hanger
Making Covered Hangers
Painted Rock Camp Craft
Games and Craft Ideas for Camp
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
Making a 6-Pack Ring Snowflake
A sewing machine foot with pink thread sewing pink fabric.
Learning How to Sew