Recommendations for Eureka Springs, AR

We are planning a trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas at the end of May, but will only to be there for one day. We would like recommendations for any areas of interest on the route originating from Tulsa. We also need suggestions for lodging, restaurants and places to visit in Eureka Springs (not camping or sport related). We like art exhibits and shopping for antiques. Thank you.

Lola M. from Dallas

Cinnamon Valley is a great place to stay, there is many cabins to choose from.

I don't know if this is helpful, but if your're searching online, AK is Alaska. Arkansas is AR.

Your best bet is contact the Chamber of Commerce there.Or"google"Eureka Springs,AK or AAA ,if your not a member maybe you have a friend who is.

Have a safe trip....

For History go to http://www.EurekaSpringsHistory.Com

For Info Links go to http://www.Ureeka.Org

I don't know anything about Eureka Springs,AR.but it sounds like you could use a personal attendant that would help with this. We use this service alot for such info.

The Crescent Hotel!

We've been to Eureka Springs many times and the best thing to do is to stay at the Crescent! It is a haunted hotel and really hyped up in the area! If you don't stay overnight there, at least visit and wander around. People do it all the time. Be sure and take your cameras because you never know what you will get on either film or digital. It is on the tallest hill in town. Then be sure buy a trolley pass and take a trolley to the top of the "strip" of business district. Walk down the hill visiting all the really, really cool shops. At the bottom of the hill is the trolley station. You can then take other trolleys around and across town and view the town. It is full of unique Bed and Breakfasts. In the evening you can take a horse-drawn buggy ride for around $25. This is a "little Switzerland" kind of town with one of the main hotels downtown having entrances at streets of different levels. Be sure and visit Thorncrown Chapel, a chapel built in the woods. All the construction is of steel and glass. There are 425 windows and over 6,000 square feet of glass in the chapel. Absolutely awesome place. Then there is the Great Passion Play site that you can visit - where, as my step-son says, they have the Big Jesus. There are so, so many things to see in Eureka Springs, I think once you get there, you will wish you could spend more time. It is probably one of my most favorite places to visit. And I think I have barely touched on things to do in the area.

Here is a link to a write-up with pictures that I did for Really Good Quotes:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ReallyGoodQuotes/message/616

And here is a link to my MySpace blog if you have a MySpace page:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?f ... 8-7F5B-474A-8005DE97EEF2F61554925579

Just copy the links and paste in your browser.

I can't believe I did this. I posted the wrong link for the Really Good Quotes article. The correct link is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ReallyGoodQuotes/message/319

Sorry, there aren't any pictures there, but on the MySpace blog there are several.

Personally I have never been there but I have several friends who have. According to them, I don't think you will have any problem finding antique shops. There are several. Sorry don't know where they stayed. They all have said they enjoyed it very much.

My husband and I got married in Eureka Springs and then went to Tulsa. There is really nothing of interest between Tulsa and Eureka Springs. But Eureka Springs is wonderful, filled with antique shops, restaurants and it is so green! We married in the ThornCrown Chapel, which is a glass church (non-denominational) in the middle of the forest. This is definetely worth a visit. I hope you have a wonderful time!

A couple miles east of the AR state line on hwy 412 but still in OK is natural falls state park (used to be dripping springs state park). It's a grat place to stop and rest and enjoy the scenery--and make sure to see the waterfall. You'll also go through Rgers, AR, one of the fastest growing areas in the state and in the country, with lots to see and do, and Bentonville, AR, the home of Sam Walton, founder of Walmart (yes, there's a museum to him). But don't tire yourself out--Eureke springs is full of things to do and see, even without a plan--be sure to ride the train. If you have more time, go north to Branson, MO for a day--lots to do and see there too.

I would like to know if you enjoyed Eureka Springs.

We live in Tulsa and have been to Eureka Springs many times. We absolutely love it there! There are lots of things to do, both on the way and once you get there. There's a casino, lots of antique stores, and a really good steakhouse in route from Tulsa. But since your time is short, I'd head straight there. We stay in the Lake Lucerne cottages. They are right in Eureka Springs, but they seem like they're off in the wilderness and so romantic. Check out their website: http://historiccottages.com/lake_cottages.htm

I would definitely tour both the Crescent and the Basin hotels though. I recommend a massage at the Cresent and lunch at the Basin. In the historic district, there are tons of artsy type shops, an old library, gorgeous churches, and some wonderful old houses you can drive around and see. There's a great little Italian restaurante in there called Ermilios that we love to go to. Have a great trip! If you are new to Tulsa and need your home decorated I'd love to get your business. You can email me at dang12 AT cox.net for details.

Reusing Trampoline Springs
Reusing Trampoline Springs
Photo of a furniture spring isolated on white.
Repairing Couch Springs
Bed Spring
Crafts Using Bed Springs
Old Bed Springs
Uses for Old Bed Springs
🎄
🍂