3 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

My daughters third birthday is coming up in December 2010 and we are thinking of having it at the local fire hall (it's free or for just a small donation) and we are on a tight budget. I'm lost on what theme I should go with. I don't want the same old same old. I'm not sure on guests or children. Please help.

By Tashia from G, Kentucky

Answers

I would go with whatever her interests are. Most kids like to play dress-up. If you can round up some fancy clothes from your closet, or your parents' or friends' closets, or from a thrift shop, have a box of clothes for her and her friends to dress up in, and have a tea party or something like that. Shouldn't have to spend a lot of money. You could give prizes for fanciest costume or something like that. I don't think kids that age are too much into games. Don't forget this is a party for a 3 year old. Only adults that have a special relationship with your daughter (grandparents, aunts and uncles), should be invited. I wouldn't have too many kid guests either - no more than half a dozen, maybe. You don't want to get started on going overboard for birthdays already! It will be more fun for her if it's kept manageable. Let her help plan what she wants to do, (within reason).

May 23, 2010 Flag

I would like some ideas for a 3rd birthday party with a number "3" theme. She wants a cake shaped like a 3. I'll have to figure out how to make that.

Thanks.
Nancyec from Milton, FL

Answers:

3 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

You could make a 3 shaped cake by carving "c" shapes out of 2 round layers. Also check out birthdaypartyideas.com (03/05/2006)

3 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

To make a number 3, you could use and angel food cake pan and cut the cake in half when it's done and you'll have your number 3. (03/06/2006)

By Megan's mom

3 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

If you have a circular metal jello mold, you might be able to make the cake into the number "3". Cut the cake in half and then turn into the shape desired. Good luck. (03/07/2006)

By Carol

3 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

You could decorate with triangles; do party favors in groups of threes (like baggies with three toys). Or use things that rhyme with three? Play traditional party games, but substitute the number for the main part, like pin the tail on the donkey, but pin the 3 on the clock or number. (03/08/2006)

By camo_angels

3 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

One of the easiest kids parties to plan is a themed kid's party. You can choose a popular theme for three year olds such as Wiggles, Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, etc. The supplies are easy to find and make your planning process much easier as well.

http://www.fun-theme-party-ideas.com/kid-birthday-party-ideas.html
(03/13/2006)

By fun-theme-party-ideas

3yr.old indoor birthday party on a budget

I want to make something special for my son. Please help me with ideas. I'm on a tight budget. (10/31/2006)

By Ana

3 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

You could make the number three by using cupcakes.
(02/25/2008)

By

3 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas

Use a regular rectangle cake pan, maybe make 2 of them and block cut a 3 out. Freeze the cake before cutting and maybe use a piece of paper as your guide on how to cut. You can only have the cake in the shape of a 3 or use the three as a 3d effect on top a regular size cake. (01/15/2009)

By K

Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayMay 23, 2010
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party
Bicycle Themed Birthday Party Ideas
17 Year Old Birthday Party
17 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
Four year old blowing out birthday candles.
4th Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄