Dry Carpet Cleaning

I received feedback from a fellow ThriftyFun reader. She had mentioned carpet cleaning in a dry cleaning method. Do you have any idea who would do that? I checked around today and no big name places in our area had ever heard of anything like that. I have tried Stanley Steamer before, but my carpet was soaked when they left. Just curious. Thanks again for all your help.

By on no! from Fort Wayne, IN

I had this done once. Don't remember the name of the company but I am in NJ so that may not help you anyway. They scatter what looks to be like damp, scented sawdust over the carpet. They have a machine that works it in, then picks it up. The "sawdust" is all dirty when the job is done.

I wasn't thrilled with this procedure as a lot of "fragments" were left behind. My carpet wasn't that dirty to start with so I didn't see a huge difference at the end. Google "dry carpet cleaning" and see what you can find.HTH

Look for a company called Chem-Dry. I, however, prefer steam cleaning. Carpet will be wet after, but should not be soaking. If it is they did a poor job of extracting dirty water.

Sears carries a dry cleaner. It is in the vacuum dept.Right now the names I can't remember but some like it a lot.

There is a product called Capture available in Pa. You shake it on the carpet, rake it in and then vacuum. I have it here but haven't tried it yet. If I can, I'll try it and post my results.

Sandy/Pittsburgh

I used Capture for my carpet and I am looking to buy it again. I read on their site that Lowes carries it in their stores.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetAugust 16, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
🎄
🍂