Dry Carpet Cleaning

I received feedback from a fellow ThriftyFun reader. She had mentioned carpet cleaning in a dry cleaning method. Do you have any idea who would do that? I checked around today and no big name places in our area had ever heard of anything like that. I have tried Stanley Steamer before, but my carpet was soaked when they left. Just curious. Thanks again for all your help.

By on no! from Fort Wayne, IN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I had this done once. Don't remember the name of the company but I am in NJ so that may not help you anyway. They scatter what looks to be like damp, scented sawdust over the carpet. They have a machine that works it in, then picks it up. The "sawdust" is all dirty when the job is done.

I wasn't thrilled with this procedure as a lot of "fragments" were left behind. My carpet wasn't that dirty to start with so I didn't see a huge difference at the end. Google "dry carpet cleaning" and see what you can find.HTH

Look for a company called Chem-Dry. I, however, prefer steam cleaning. Carpet will be wet after, but should not be soaking. If it is they did a poor job of extracting dirty water.

Sears carries a dry cleaner. It is in the vacuum dept.Right now the names I can't remember but some like it a lot.

There is a product called Capture available in Pa. You shake it on the carpet, rake it in and then vacuum. I have it here but haven't tried it yet. If I can, I'll try it and post my results.

Sandy/Pittsburgh

I used Capture for my carpet and I am looking to buy it again. I read on their site that Lowes carries it in their stores.

Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetAugust 16, 2009
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet, Upclose photo of carpet.
Repairing a Burn Hole in Carpet
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
Cleaning Your Carpet Without a Machine
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:09:19 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.