SnacksRecipes

Baby Juice Gellies

Category Snacks
Ingredients
  • 2 bottles Gerber baby juice (any flavor)
  • 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin

Directions

In a small saucepan, sprinkle Knox unflavored gelatin over the contents of any flavor baby juice. Let stand 1 minute. Stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved, about 3 minutes. Pour into a small pan and chill until firm. Cut into squares or shapes for finger eating.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Why go to the expense of buying "gerber" "baby" juice? Just buy a litre of apple juice or a mixed fruit juice. Make sure the container says juice not fruit blend or fruit combo or fruit punch, etc. Those mixtures have water and sugar as the first ingredients, just like giving your baby koolaid. It is a lot cheaper and just as good for the baby to buy a litre of real fruit or apple juice than to buy "baby" juice in individual bottles. Just another gimmick to make the new moms and dads spend more money. Something like the training pant diapers. But that's another subject.

I agree valleyrimgirl .. it's much more economical to buy a larger juice as long as it's 100% fruit juice with no added sugars like Juicy Juice, they do make 100% juice fruit punches. You just don't want HI-C or the like. But I'll admit to buying the smaller containers for the diaper bag (and then refilling from the larger container).

For the purpose of this recipe, the Gerber juices come in 4 oz bottles, so you'd need 8 oz of juice. I can't wait to try this one! My 19 mo. old loves fruit snacks but I can't bring myself to let her have them at home because of the sugar and preservatives. Grandma always has some at her house though. I think I may try to cut the juice with some water.

Thanks for the recipe!

Rebekah

Anonymous

With respect for the helpful postings :) , there is a reason why people buy baby fruit juices rather than the regular cheaper fruit juices. The concentration of juice is less so that the baby will not choke on it. My child could not tolerate the regular fruit juices. She decided she didn't want juice. If you can find an acceptable concentration between juice and water, then that might warrant buying regular juice. The same strong concentration theory might apply to the gellies. The gellies are a great idea, thanks for submitting it!