Getting Rid Of Wild Grape Vines

We have a flower bed that has been sorely neglected. Elm seedlings and wild grapes have invaded. There are still some desirable plants - some Japanese dwarf iris that haven't bloomed for a couple of years and an antique rose that was very nearly choked out by elms, grape hyacinth, and some yellow-flowering bulbs that I haven't identified yet.

Because of a bad back, I can't spend a lot of time weeding at once. How do I get rid of the wild grapevines and baby elms without harming the other plants? Or should I consider it a total loss and till the whole thing up?

I have tried using vinegar and boiling water to kill off some of my elms. I use about 2 cups vinegar to gal of boiling water.

If you can dig up the flowers you want to save then till in the unwanted,good luck.

Wild Grape Vines
Getting Rid Of Wild Grape Vines
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceJune 5, 2008
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
supporting cucumbers
Supporting Cucumber Vines
A slice of toast with grape jelly on it.
Grape Jam Recipes
Wine grapes growing.
Propagating Grape Vines from Cuttings