What is This Lizard?

I found this little cutie in my garden last night when I was weeding. So small I almost tossed him. Anyone know what he is?

By Tracy from Battle Creek

it does look like a House Gecko but to make really sure take him to a petstore and let them take a look they uselly eat crickets

Hope that helps a bit

Looks like a newt to me.

http://www.wild  /Ponds/NEWTS.htm

Looks more like a salamander to me, kinda wet right? Salamanders like it in the garden, cool and moist.

I have never seen such a small lizard before! I hope you find out what kind he is, and can keep him alive. God bless you!

I believe it is a salamander. They are found under rocks, etc.....they like it dark and moist.

Just your average baby newt,,

juvenile salamander?

Altho I'm in a different country (Australia) we have very similar little fellows here, and I would say ghecko.

It is a baby Gecko. They turn brown when they are scared.

It's either a newt or salamander. I really don't know the difference between them but you can easily look it up knowing the name of them. One likes more moist areas (ferns, woods, etc); the other is warm & dry areas preferred.

Here in Florida we had very fast geckos. Yep,like the insurance commercials if they are in your area of the country. There are the light green ones, very beautiful, that are native and the more common, not so laid back so that they are taking over, brown/grey ones. Different varieties of those also.

All are harmless and fun to play with. They feel very soft and delicate. Even if they do bite, it will not hurt, just the surprize of it gets you. So have fun and then let them go unharmed by your interaction.

I have lots of those at my house in TX.

They should be left in the wild as they eat bugs and are very helpful in the garden.

It is definitely a gecko...a little tropical lizard with suction pads on its feet. They are helpful in the house...very busy keeping it clean of bugs...and they are cute too...just found two tiny little gecko eggs in my bathroom and look forward to the new arrivals.

It's a Mediterranean Gecko. They are harmless, nocturnal, eat bugs and are not native to this country. They've been plentiful here in Mobile, AL for a number of years. They love to come inside, so my husband relocates them back outside many times each summer.

From the shape of it's head, it's definitely a gecko. No idea what a salamander or newt is, we don't get them in Australia. Does it chirrup? They are harmless, but poo everywhere, so are best kept outside to eat the insects. Good for cockroaches too!

I think it is a poison gecko I will kill her before she kills me.