Quick Delicious Corn on the Cob

Peel cobs and wrap loosely in a paper towel. Microwave on high 3 minutes for one cob. It is best to cook them one at a time. Be careful, the steam is very hot! Add salt, pepper, and butter to taste. You will love microwaved corn on the cob.

By Sharon from Canada

I DO CORN ON COB LIKE YOU SUGGESTED, ONLY I SPRAY IT WITH BUTTER, SPRINKLE SALT AND A BIT OF SUGAR ON THE PAPER TOWEL. ROLL THE COB THROUGH THE MIXTURE BEFORE WRAPPING THE COB, THEN MICROWAVE.

I dampen the paper towel when I do it I love corn done in the microwave!

My 85-year-old mother taught me how to do microwave corn last year - only a little differently. Peel just the first layer of leaves, place in microwave. When done, the corn is very easily shucked. She would do two cobs for six minutes. I did four last week for 10 minutes. Sure beats boiling them in the summertime! Just as good or better, in fact.

I microwave corn on the cob also. I strip off just a few of the outer husk and place in microwave husk and all. Be sure and break off the end piece of the ear of corn. Cook two large ears about 10 -12 minutes. When done put an oven mitt on each hand and strip off the husk over a waste basket. It will be hot and steamy so be very careful. You will be surprised at how clean it microwaves. Husk and silks will all come off at one time. Serve

A plate of yellow corn on the cob.
Cooking Corn On The Cob
Food and Recipes Food Tips VegetablesAugust 4, 2006
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Grilling Corn on the Cob
Corn on the Cob with Lots of Butter
Buttering Corn On the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Removing Corn From the Cob
Corn cooked in the microwave.
Cooking Corn on the Cob in a Microwave
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 25, 2016 at 4:21:03 PM on 10.0.1.98 in 975 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.