Decorating Lamp Shades to Look Outdoorsy

Outdoorsy looking lamp shades are a fun way to celebrate the great outdoors from the comfort of your easy chair! The fringe at the bottom is from a popular mega center and is hand stitched on to secure it.

I save my junk mail and trim it for deco hole punches, like you see hanging down the shade. They are tiny leaves that I carefully strung and then crocheted a chain stitch to make the cord which could be used for any number of things, like gift wrap.

The 2 bigger leaves, I found in my craft stuff and tied them to a plain cord by their stems. There's another crocheted cord that's harder to see that I handcut the small pink suede flowers by hand then strung on cord and crocheted.

There's also a piece of green glass junk jewelry clipped to the top that was once part of a pair of clip on earrings.

The stamps I used came from a dollar store and were like a foam stamp pad and the paint is rubber stamp ink pads of various colors.

The leaf/berries at the top with stems is another dollar store find and was intended for use with a candle. The possibilities are endless when you decorate with nature!

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

I love this idea!!

Allison

Hi, this is so neat. Do you make & sell any of these? I have seen where one did a transfer of a photo on one. Could you make one? Let me know, thanks.

Decorating LampShades to LookOutdoorsy
Decorating Lamp Shades
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsJuly 24, 2006
Skylight light with mini blinds.
Adding Shades to a Skylight
Installing Roman Shades
Finding Window Hardware for Roman Shades
Orange Curtains
Making No-Sew Curtains or Shades
🎉
🎄