Big Geranium

This is a picture of the hanging geranium that my son gave to me for Mother's Day, it gotten lots of sunshine and just kept getting bigger and bigger, sure hope I can winter it over.

By Phyllis from Roseburg, OR

large geranium plant
Top Comment

One way to winter over geraniums is at the end of the season when they appear to have quit growing, pull them out with the roots intact. Shake the soil off of the roots, tie them together with a string and hang them upside down in your basement with little light. Over the winter they will look very dead. Come spring they will start to show green and even produce small blooms. After all danger of frost has passed, plant and water them, bringing outside. It takes a bit, but all of a sudden they will look just as wonderful as the previous season.

I have kept them for years this way.

Wow. It is beautiful!

Thank you for sharing your very pretty flowers with us.

Closeup of Salmon Queen Geranium
Geranium Photos
Photos GardenOctober 4, 2007
Two avocados, one cut in half with the seed inside.
Peeling an Avocado
Large Doc Martin boots.
Making Shoes That Are Too Big Fit
Scented Geraniums
Growing Scented Geranium
diamond ring
Fixing Rings That Are Too Big