AdviceGifts

Make a Gift Wishlist for Your Next Holiday

Have you ever wanted to do something or go somewhere so bad, but the cost of it, stopped you from doing so? When it comes around to your next birthday or Mother's Day/Father's Day, where you'll be the recipient of a gift. Give a suggestion or wishlist to the loved ones, co-workers, etc. who'll be giving you your gift. Let them all pitch in and get you a gift certificate for whatever you've been wanting to do, Ex: a massage, a hot air balloon ride, etc. Even if you have to pay the difference if their gift certificate is just a tad short of the needed money, you're still that much closer to achieving your dream.

By Terri from NV

Am I the only one who thinks it is tacky to give people a list of what you want? If you want something bad enough save for it yourself. To me it feels the same way as a family member giving a baby or bridal shower...gimmee gimmee. Isn't that why 'Proper Manner" books say a family should not give showers, etc?

I suppose you can say, in general conversation, "I have always wanted to do...."