Reusing Envelopes

Here is an easy solution for all those envelopes that are left over from your bills. I now use bill pay for the majority of my bills, but sometimes I need to mail out a check or paperwork. Most of those envelopes have those windowpanes. I attach the address of the organization I am sending information to the inside of the envelope's windowpane. This also frees up my usage of my plain white envelopes. Recycling and repurposing, all in one.

By Georgetta from Waterloo, IA

I think I read here on TF that you shouldn't use those for mailing other things. The bar code on the envelope actually contains the original return address of the company that the bill was from. I could be wrong. Anybody?

This is a good tip, a lot of people just throw those envelopes away! You just need to black out the barcode on the envelope. I just used my last envelope in a box I bought 5 years ago. The reason they last so long is because I do what you do,pay bills online & use those envelopes that come in the mail! Besides using them to mail things, I also use them to put notes in that need to go to my kids' teachers, or write my grocery list on the back & stick coupons inside.

Don't use envelops with any kind of barcode on the outside or it will be returned to you!

You do need to blacken out any bar codes on these envelopes. If not, the automatic machines will read the code and return it to the original sender.

Yes, you have to be careful. When I was renting I once put my rent check in one of those envelopes and dropped it in my landlords mail box. My check got all the way to a company in California (I live in TX). Luckily that company mailed my check back to me.

Reusing Envelopes, Stack of Envelopes
Reusing Envelopes
Better Living Green Living ReusingJuly 6, 2011
Padded Envelope on White Background
Reusing Mailing Supplies
Making Envelopes From Magazines
Making Envelopes From Magazines
Making Your Own Envelopes
Making Your Own Envelopes
🎉
🎄