Finding the Value of a Murphy Cedar Chest

Category Antiques
Antique and vintage furniture has not only sentimental value, but sometimes monetary value as well. This is a guide about finding the value of a Murphy cedar chest.

I bought this Cedar Chest for $25.00. On the back it says Murphy #23 in black letters and numbers. It also has wood handles. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Murphy has gone out of business. I would like some History on the Cedar Chest. By the way it has wooden caster on underside. Size is 54" long, 21" wide, and 19" deep.

I have a Murphy cedar chest with the number 20 on the back. It is 48 inches long 20 inches wide and 19 1/2 inches deep. I received this from my father in law as a gift in June 1969. It was given to me as a hope chest. My then boyfriend and now ex husband was in Viet Nam. I still have this chest.

I have a table marked murphy 6006 from owensboro, ky. Any infomon that

I have a Murphy Cedar Chest model 23. I would like to know when and where these pieces were manufactured. I recently saw a cedar chest with the model number 23L on it. Please tell me more about this model.

John Miller

Hi Mr. Murphy I have a Cedar chest with number 4150 on the back.

Could you tell me anything about the model? I would also like to know any information you could give me on the history of Murphy manufacturing CO. where it was located, when it closed and where I might find documents, advertising etc.

Thank you: Chris G.

eBay ID SGMD4555

I have a cedar chest from 1969 that was damaged by Mayflower Movers during a recent move. I am making a claim and trying to determine current value of my chest.

By Belinda from AZ

For comparison I checked Etsy and found a red cedar chest for $199.00 -age not given. A chest from the mid 1900's is not very old so probable low value overall, not considering physical condition.

I have 54 Murphy cedar chest in excellent condition with key. Does anybody know the value?

What is a Murphy 16 cedar chest worth?

By Pris

I am wanting to sell this. I live in KCMO and not sure how much I should ask for it?

By Jen C

I am trying to find out when the Murphy #19 cedar chest was made.

By LFW

I have a Murphy cedar chest. It says Murphy 4017 on the back. Is there anywhere I can look up models to find out more information on what it's worth and what exact year it was made. Although I believe mine was made between 1985-1989, because I was a small child when it was purchased for me. I was there when it was picked out and purchased for me. It's at least 25 years old. Any info on this particular model?

By Abbi B.

I have a Murphy Cedar chest with I 9 on the back. It is in good shape. What would it be worth?

By Ron from Anderson, IN

I have an old chest. Can anyone tell me how old this chest is or what the significance of Murphy 27 means?

By Tricie L.

I have a Murphy cedar chest that says Murphy 18 on the back. It was in pieces when I found it beside the road. My grandfather was a master carpenter so he was able to put it back together and it looks like it just came off of the show room floor now. My question is how can I tell how old it is?

By Christine