Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Finding the Value of a Murphy Cedar Chest

Antique and vintage furniture has not only sentimental value, but sometimes monetary value as well. This is a guide about finding the value of a Murphy cedar chest.

I bought this Cedar Chest for $25.00. On the back it says Murphy #23 in black letters and numbers. It also has wood handles. Can anyone tell me anything about it. Murphy has gone out of business. I would like some History on the Cedar Chest. By the way it has wooden caster on underside. Size is 54" long, 21" wide, and 19" deep.

I have a Murphy cedar chest with the number 20 on the back. It is 48 inches long 20 inches wide and 19 1/2 inches deep. I received this from my father in law as a gift in June 1969. It was given to me as a hope chest. My then boyfriend and now ex husband was in Viet Nam. I still have this chest.

I have a table marked murphy 6006 from owensboro, ky. Any infomon that

I have a Murphy Cedar Chest model 23. I would like to know when and where these pieces were manufactured. I recently saw a cedar chest with the model number 23L on it. Please tell me more about this model.

John Miller

Hi Mr. Murphy I have a Cedar chest with number 4150 on the back.

Could you tell me anything about the model? I would also like to know any information you could give me on the history of Murphy manufacturing CO. where it was located, when it closed and where I might find documents, advertising etc.

Thank you: Chris G.

eBay ID SGMD4555

November 25, 2014 Flag

I have a cedar chest from 1969 that was damaged by Mayflower Movers during a recent move. I am making a claim and trying to determine current value of my chest.

By Belinda from AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

For comparison I checked Etsy and found a red cedar chest for $199.00 -age not given. A chest from the mid 1900's is not very old so probable low value overall, not considering physical condition.

June 16, 2015 Flag

I have 54 Murphy cedar chest in excellent condition with key. Does anybody know the value?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 4, 2015 Flag

What is a Murphy 16 cedar chest worth?

By Pris

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 29, 2014 Flag

I am wanting to sell this. I live in KCMO and not sure how much I should ask for it?

By Jen C

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 22, 2013 Flag

I am trying to find out when the Murphy #19 cedar chest was made.

By LFW

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 2, 2013 Flag

I have a Murphy cedar chest. It says Murphy 4017 on the back. Is there anywhere I can look up models to find out more information on what it's worth and what exact year it was made. Although I believe mine was made between 1985-1989, because I was a small child when it was purchased for me. I was there when it was picked out and purchased for me. It's at least 25 years old. Any info on this particular model?

By Abbi B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 24, 2011 Flag

I have a Murphy Cedar chest with I 9 on the back. It is in good shape. What would it be worth?

By Ron from Anderson, IN

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 24, 2011 Flag

I have an old chest. Can anyone tell me how old this chest is or what the significance of Murphy 27 means?

By Tricie L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 5, 2011 Flag

I have a Murphy cedar chest that says Murphy 18 on the back. It was in pieces when I found it beside the road. My grandfather was a master carpenter so he was able to put it back together and it looks like it just came off of the show room floor now. My question is how can I tell how old it is?

By Christine

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Antique Murphy's Chest
Finding the Value of Antique Murphy's Furniture
Consumer Advice Collectibles AntiquesJanuary 15, 2017
Cedar Chest
Removing Mothball Odor From a Cedar Chest
dark wood Murphy chair
Finding the Value of Murphy Chairs
Close up of a lock on a cedar chest.
Restoring a Cedar Chest
Close up leaf pattern detail of a piece of antique wooden furniture.
Finding the Value of a Murphy Wardrobes and Armoires
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2017 at 5:31:46 PM on 10.0.0.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.