Cornstarch and Vinegar Window Cleaner Recipe

This is a guide about cornstarch and vinegar window cleaner recipe. Clean your windows using common kitchen products for sparkling glass and money savings.

May 13, 2013 Flag

A wonderful window cleaner can be made out of the following:

Mix 2 cups of hot water with 1/4 cup of vinegar and a tablespoon of cornstarch. Mix very well, and the pour into a spray bottle. Use with crumpled up newspaper. The windows will shine!

I am curious to know how the cornstarch helps? I have used vinegar and newspaper before but never tried cornstarch. Does it work on grit?

I don't have the slightest clue how the cornstarch does it, but I own a cleaning business and the only thing I've not vowed to going all natural with until just now is glass cleaner but I'm SOLD! Thank you for saving me another $20 a month!

September 11, 2004 Flag

• 1/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 2 cups warm water

Directions:

Put all the ingredients into a clean spray bottle and shake to mix. Use as you would a commercial glass cleaner. Spray on glass and wipe dry with a clean cloth or newspaper.

It makes your windows shine. I have been using this recipe now for about a year and my windows look great! I have to wash them daily. I have a childcare and the kids are always getting them messed up.

April 9, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a recipe for window cleaner. It was made with cornstarch and alcohol, and I am not sure what else. It really worked.

By Jilly from WI

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 9, 2010 Flag

Best window cleaner ever. Take 1/2 cup of cornstarch and mix with a gallon of water. Mix very good, then you can either pour some in spray bottle or you can pour some in a container. Then start cleaning. Really good stuff. If you have really dirty windows you might need to do a couple of times. Good tip for going green, also.

Source: Who Knew Book

By Tina from WV

Answers:

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

When my new windows were put in, the glazier gave me a complimentary spray can of window cleaner. After giving all my windows the "once over" on the outside, I realized I'd used spray starch by mistake. They looked so fine I never re-did them. (07/09/2009)

By siris

July 8, 2009 Flag

I have always had trouble with cleaning windows. I always get streaks. I saw in an old book to use a handful of cornstarch in a bucket of lukewarm water. I add also a little vinegar about 1/4 - 1/2 depending on the size of the bucket. Mix. Use a wash cloth to wash window, then I use a hand towel to dry the window and a final towel to get it all dry. I have 18 windows in my house and 3 entry doors. I can wash them all on the outside with 1 bucket of water, 1 wash cloth and 3 - 4 hand towels (when the final towel gets too wet I replace it with another). Then I get a fresh bucket and do the inside. If your towels are limited, you can dry them on the close line and do the inside/outside the next day.

By Beth from Bloomfield, IN

Answers:

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

When my new windows were installed the glass company included a spray can of glass cleaner. I accidentally used my spray starch, thinking I had the cleaner. The windows sparkled. At my age it's called "sometimers." (08/20/2008)

By siris

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

This is a great tip. I'm gonna have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. I couldn't help but notice that you are from Bloomfield, Indiana - me too! (08/26/2008)

By Lori

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

White vinegar rubbed on then wipe off with crumpled up balls of newspaper, old fashioned but works fab. (09/10/2008)

By meggymolly

August 14, 2008 Flag

For cleaner windows the inexpensive way use 1/2 cup cornstarch to a quart of warm water. Stir well and put in a spray bottle and your windows will come out crystal clear.

By Georgia

Answers:

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

tried everything to eliminate hard water spots off outside;vinegar, newspapers, window cleaners, etc. Help! Nothing works! (02/17/2006)

By Bill

Cornstarch Window Cleaner

Bill --

Try rubbing alcohol! It should cut right though the hard water spots .. Then use regular cheap shaving cream, not the gel, to prevent the spots from reappearing! Works great on shower doors.

Good Luck!
Rebekah (02/17/2006)

By Madelynnsmama

Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsNovember 18, 2016
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
Cleaning Windows
Homemade Window and Glass Cleaner Recipes
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄