Making Inexpensive Throw Pillows

To make inexpensive throw pillows for a couch or bed, buy cloth dinner napkins and sew 2 of them right sides together leaving an opening, flip inside out and stuff as you would a pillow, then slip stitch shut. I can find beautiful napkins to use at yard sales, thrift stores, etc. This is also quick work because no cutting is needed.

By Melanie

I have been searching for a really cheap way to make a work task for adults with disabilities I work with. I want to make really cheap throw pillows and as an excersise then can practice stuffing them and then buttoning them shut. This might be the answer

I buy placemats that are reversible (such as the velvet ones) and take the stitching out on one side (about 2 inches), Then stuff with stuffing , whip stitch the pillow closed. I also buy the lined vests from goodwill and stuff the back portion only. Makes a really cute pillow. I have one on my wood rocking chair. I put the stuff side on the front side of the chair and slip the front of the vest to the back and using the buttons as attachment to the chair.

Throw Pillows
Making Throw Pillows
Crafts SewingNovember 8, 2004
Throw Pillows
Recovering Throw Pillows
Quilt Square Pillows
Making Quilt Square Pillows
Making T-Shirt Pillows
Making T-Shirt Pillows
Pillows made from quilt squares.
Quilt Square Throw Pillows