Shopping for Centerpiece Fish Bowls to Hold Tea Light Candles

I was wanting to use bettas for centerpieces at my wedding, but I was wanting them to hold tea light candles (not floating in the same water as the fish). Does any one know where I can purchase a fish bowl/vase like this?

By Beth from Townsend, GA

Beth, bettas have a very hard time in small fish bowls that they sell for those fish. They actually require 2 gallons of water per fish. This would be pretty cruel. Use the dragon tear glass chips from walmart and put water in it with a floating candle in each or no water and set a tealight in the stones. Great sparkle and reflection and a classy touch, and you can get the stones in your colors for your wedding without being cruel to the fish.

They pretty much always have a great selection at all dollar tree stores. Short tall round and all for $1.00.surely living in GA you have one near.

Beth, no offense meant to you but you do know that Betta's are living breathing beings, right? What is going to happen to all of those Betta's during and/or after the celebration? Why don't you just have lovely little floating votives in water colored with food dye in Betta colors instead (like red, green, turquoise) with some metallic confetti in the water? And no matter what specialty vase you use for betta's with votives it's going to affect the oxygen levels and/or temperature of the water that betta is residing in

Guys, I do know that betta's are living breathing animals. I have had them before. No one will be cruel to the fish nor will the fish be in any harm and will have a place to go after the reception. But thanks for the concern. I was just looking for ideas with fish for my reception with no harm to the fish. Give or take the votives, I thought the one I posted was really nice and wondered where I could get one.

Beth, if you find the fish bowls please let me know. I am plan do the same thing for a 60th birthday.

To dee1675: I think what I am going to do is WalMart has these heart shaped votive holders and they have a bigger heart shaped vase. What I think I am going to do is put some water in the smaller one and float the candle above the water in the bigger one with the betta inside of it with clear gems at the bottom. Let me know what you think of this and if this helps.

Weddings DecorationsJanuary 7, 2011
Easter Centerpiece
Easter Centerpiece Ideas
Fish Buying Tips
Fish Buying Tips
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Wood Salad Bowl
Caring For Wood Salad Bowls