Lip Balm Stains on Microfiber Sofa

Can anyone tell me how to get Carmex (lip balm) out of dark green micro fiber sofa. She tried a shampooer and it only made it worse. It is a large area as my niece's daughter smeared it all over herself and then rolled on the couch. Thanks.

By Nancy from Mokena, IL

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try shaving cream with a toothbrush. Good luck

My dog knocked a pan of vegetable oil off the stove, rolled in it and then rolled around on my brand new micro fiber couch to get it off. I used dawn dish soap mixed with water and a hard bristle brush and then used the attachment on my carpet cleaner to pull any left over water out, let it dry in the sun, no oil and no "water spots" appeared. Good Luck

Nancy,

I am assuming that lip balm is wax based, if so an old issue of good housekeeping magazine suggested using an iron and kraft paper to get wax out of fabric. I would suggest using a low heat on the back of the couch as I am not familiar with what microfibre fabric is, if it does not harm the fabric it would be worth trying the above suggestion on a small corner of the stain, and deciding whether or not to continue

Hope this helps. Hugs, Cinnamon

Answer

Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 23, 2009
A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
Making Lip Balm
Making Lip Balm
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Plain White Lip Balm on Blue Background
Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 29, 2016 at 5:15:30 PM on 10.0.1.196 in 316 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.