Cleaning Wood Surfaces With Vinegar

Can I use a solution of vinegar to clean the wooden surface on my RV interior? Is there a safe amount? Thanks.

By Araucano from FL

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I mix mine half white vinegar and half water in a spray bottle.

I have used a clean damp rag, soaked in white vinegar and wrung out well, on several different wood surfaces for general cleaning. (Rinse the rag with water and re dip and wring as you go.) However, most wood (unless it is completely sealed with something like polyurethane) still needs to be treated with a wood oil or wood wax a few times a year. It all depends upon the particular kind of wood and the particular kind of finish. Happy cleaning! :-)

Yes. 2 cups vinegar to 3 or 4 gallons of water will make a cleaning solution that can't be beat!!! You can even wipe down the paneled walls being careful to not leave too much water that would make the paneling warp. The amount up above is what I use for my own cleaning. You can leave it right on the walls and appliances and even in the fridge as vinegar is a natural substance and will not taint food or give off a horrible smell. Use white vinegar for the least vinegary smell, but any vinegar will work. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

A bottle of white vinegar.
Cleaning With Vinegar
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceDecember 20, 2010
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Hands polishing a wood table
Cleaning Wood Furniture
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 12:56:10 PM on 10.0.2.240 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.