Homemade Butter Spread

Mix equal parts of butter and unsaturated vegetable oil in a blender and chill to make a healthful, good-tasting table fat that's easy to spread and goes a long way. This is a good way to stretch your dollar in the dairy case.

Source: The Mother Earth News Almanac

By Monica from Cortez, CO

June 22, 2010 Flag

What is the best ratio of butter to Canola oil, when mixing for use? I've been buying the butter/Canola oil spread, but would like to make my own to save money. Thanks.

By kljohn from Crawford. CO

Answers:

Making Your Own Butter and Canola Oil Spread

I found this over at Tammy's recipes

http://www.tammysrecipes.com/soft_butter_spread (07/10/2009)

By halloweenfreak

Spreadable Butter: Cream one pound of room temperature butter with mixer. Add a little over 3/4 cup of olive or other oil, a small amount at a time. Mix to blend thoroughly. Put into covered containers and refrigerate. Will soften quickly at room temperature. The amount of oil can be adjusted to taste.

Personal Note: I used a little over 1/4 cup of oil to one pound of butter.

(07/14/2009)

By mkymlp

I put 1 pound of butter and 1 3/4 cups of canola oil in my kitchen aid mixer. Starting slowly so it doesn't slop over the edge, start mixing and then turn on high and let it mix for about 5 minutes. You will get a nice light and creamy spread that will harden some after you put it in the fridge. (07/14/2009)

By karilynn

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceJune 23, 2010
cooking oil
Stretching Butter With Oil
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
Apple Butter being Spread on Toast
Apple Butter Recipes
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
Amish Peanut Butter Church Spread
🎉
🎄