Alternative Uses for Metamucil

Does anyone have uses for Metamucil (sugarless, orange flavor) other than for what it is intended? I have a lot left over from my parents.

By Emma from San Francisco

Best Answer

If you have a garden, plants or trees put it around it for fertilizer, you can do the same with vitamins. Good luck.

Best Answer

Why not use it yourself? A lot of people think that stuff is just to regulate your intestines, but it's a great way to add fiber to your diet - which most people don't get enough of in their daily diet. It fills you up so you don't over-eat & keeps you from being hungry between meals. We add it to our breakfast cereal, oatmeal & smoothies. My kids were always complaining that by the time they got lunch at school (they had the late lunch schedule),they were starving. I stared making smoothies for their breakfast & adding the recommended dose of fiber & they haven't had a complaint since.

Best Answer

If you really have more than you can personally use, I have one word for you: FreeCycle. Visit www.freecycle.org to find a group in your area. Decide how much you want to give away and post it.

I add a spoonful to my morning smoothie. It doesn't overpower the flavor of the fruit I use and it makes it a little thicker. I figure that you can never have too much fiber.

Uses for Metamucil
Alternative Uses for Metamucil
Consumer Advice General AdviceApril 6, 2010
Window Screen
Alternate Uses for Window and Door Screens
One side removed making the crib into a day bed for a toddler.
Alternative Uses for a Crib
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table
Stick Deodorant
Alternative Uses for Stick Deodorants
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 3:11:39 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.