Alternative Uses for Metamucil

Does anyone have uses for Metamucil (sugarless, orange flavor) other than for what it is intended? I have a lot left over from my parents.

By Emma from San Francisco

Best Answer

If you have a garden, plants or trees put it around it for fertilizer, you can do the same with vitamins. Good luck.

Best Answer

Why not use it yourself? A lot of people think that stuff is just to regulate your intestines, but it's a great way to add fiber to your diet - which most people don't get enough of in their daily diet. It fills you up so you don't over-eat & keeps you from being hungry between meals. We add it to our breakfast cereal, oatmeal & smoothies. My kids were always complaining that by the time they got lunch at school (they had the late lunch schedule),they were starving. I stared making smoothies for their breakfast & adding the recommended dose of fiber & they haven't had a complaint since.

Best Answer

If you really have more than you can personally use, I have one word for you: FreeCycle. Visit www.freecycle.org to find a group in your area. Decide how much you want to give away and post it.

I add a spoonful to my morning smoothie. It doesn't overpower the flavor of the fruit I use and it makes it a little thicker. I figure that you can never have too much fiber.