RefrigeratorAppliances

Kenmore Ice Maker is Making Noise

My 2yr old Frigidaire side by side makes ice, but the dispenser makes terrible grinding noises and will not put out ice. About 1 month before, the cube/crush button would not switch back from crushed.

By JohnJ from Indianapolis, IN

Answers

August 17, 2010 Flag

The ice maker in my Kenmore side by side refrigerator is making a noise every five seconds. At the exact time of the sound, the wire arm moves as if something is bumping it. Please advise.

By Darlene from MO

Answers:

Kenmore Ice Maker is Making Noise

Ours did something similar, and it was just that the ice bin was not seated correctly under the arm; maybe give it a shake and see if that's the problem (or flip the bin around, setting it in backwards in error may also do this). (05/12/2010)

By PupperMom

Kenmore Ice Maker is Making Noise

I just had the same problem, and appreciated your suggestion. But I could not see how to remove the ice bin. However, while investigating that I saw that an ice cube had gotten stuck half-way out of the ice bin. I could not break it out, so I poured hot water (from the hot water tap, not boiling water) over the ice bin, and it fixed the problem. (06/21/2010)

By pegof

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes