Link: Free Parakeet Training Videos

I watched a "Power Pause" free video, or at least part of the video from this man who sells parrot training videos.

I only want to make my bird which is a little parakeet, very unsociable, to be more comfortable when I have to take the seed dishes out or clean his mirror, or fill his water. He gets so upset and flighty.

So the technique is a slow approach towards Perry's little beak, with a pointed index finger, slow, slow, slow, and the second Perry moved or acted the least bit distressed, I would pull the index finger still pointed back out of the cage and walk away a couple of feet back. I didn't actually walk away, I just pulled back really slow.

About the fifth time for Perry, he was letting me get closer with my pointed finger to his beak.

I kept repeating this for about 14 or so times, not too many, but the difference is amazing. He doesn't mind so much any more and has even put his beak on my child who was doing this.

I plan to eventually buy his other video, but I'm not interested in advanced coming out of the cage or anything, just wanted to help the bird be less stressed. This is an amazing technique. I bet the other video has great training for the bigger parrots, too!

This guy is great, he is using a clicker and offering the bird a millet stick. As soon as the bird eats the millet, he clicks. Later, he introduces a small perch stick along with the millet. This is such a great video. There are actually two videos here.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Training a Parakeet
Training a Parakeet
Pets LinksJanuary 14, 2010
Parakeet
Parakeet Losing Its Feathers
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
Parakeet
Understanding Parakeet Behavior
Baby Videos
Funny Baby Videos
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 1:52:12 PM on 10.0.1.114 in 887 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.