Beauty Recipes Made With Lavender

I recently came across some dried lavender flowers. Does anyone know of a website or ideas for soaps, scrubs, etc. I would also like to find out how to make my own lavender oil. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Gellise from Midland, MI

I have an herb book that gives several uses of lavender but none pertain exactly to beauty. It gives a receipe for biscuits, mentions making a jelly out of it, numerous medicinal uses (mostly the oil) and says it is great as a moth repellent! Yipee! Lavender is my favorite fragrance and I can stop my search for mothballs! If you would like me to post what my book says, I would be happy to. I just didn't want to send you a bunch of info you couldn't use.

Me again. I found this post several months ago on ThriftyFun!

When we think of lavender, we think of the pretty, light purple flowers that blow gently in the breeze, producing a lovely, heady scent. The lavender's scent has been used for many years in bouquets, sachets, and potpourri. Did you know that lavender has many other uses?

Lavender plants repel insects. Place them around the house, or grow them near the patio. Boil the flowers in some water, and keep the liquid mixture handy to relieve insect bites. The flowers of the lavender plant can be used either fresh or dried in the rinse water for your hair or clothes.

Lavender also can be used in bath products. Here's an easy recipe for a fragrant lavender soap:

Lavender Soap

(Not only is this soap cleansing, it's pretty! Consider giving it as a gift in clear jars, decorated with ribbon.)

8 tablespoons boiling water

10 tablespoons finely grated castile soap

2 tablespoons dried and crushed lavender flower petals

4 drops of lavender oil

Crush the flower petals until they are powdery. Melt the soap in the bowling water in a double boiler. Stir it frequently until it is smooth and melted.

Remove from heat, and stir in the crushed flower petals. Pour into a bottle and keep covered.

Uses for Lavender
Uses for Lavender
Health & Beauty Beauty AdviceJune 28, 2006
Bundles of lavender hanging upside down to dry against a wooden background
Uses for Dried Lavender
Lavender flower in clear liquid filled jar.
Making Lavender Water Recipes
lavender crystals, oil, and flowers
Lavender Bath Recipes
Lavender Essential Oil
Using Lavender Essential Oil
🎄