Accent Wall Paint Color Advice

I am trying to decide what color to paint for an accent wall. They are cream, in between a yellow and white right now with white trim. My sofas are red, mostly all my living room furniture is black, but I have paintings that have very vivid colors in them, blues, greens, reds, browns.

I was contemplating doing a light blue wall? Ideas are much appreciated!

By Hannah

How about a nice shade of sage green/mint green.

Take pictures of all your artwork, then spread them on a table. Find the one color that stands out in all or a majority of the art. You've just found the color for your accent wall! My mom was an interior designer who gave me this info.

I agree with aloham58 picking an accent color, perhaps one that is common to all the art work would be the best idea. It is an accent wall, so really make it one

When we moved into our place, there was already a red accent wall in the living room. The other 3 walls are the yellowish-cream that you mention. I have lots of artwork with strong, vibrant colors and the red really complements all my accessories. Here is a picture of the corner of the room. Obviously we're not done fixing everything!

Just don't forget how light or dark you want to make your room before you paint. Your paint can make a dark room darker and a light room dimmer than you want. you also don't want it to appear more cluttered or smaller. You may just want to accent with a trim paint that will go with your room. What color of curtains do you have and how big is the room.

I would pull the blue that is in the hanging photo on the wall, have the blue in the painting closely tinted into wall paint and paint away!

Thank You all so much! Im pretty sure Ive decided to do sage green color. it stands out the most in my artwork! I appreciate all of the feedback!