Chocolate Stains

How do you get rid of a chocolate pudding stain that's been set into a comforter? It has been through the wash and dry cycle once already in cold water? My friend got it on my blanket and it makes me mad that she refuses to fess up to it, so I would really like to get it gone.

By Ally from Alta Loma, CA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Try 3% hydrogen peroxide. Lightly soak the area for a minute or two and then rub the fabric against itself, rinse and then wash with a gentle soap. You may have to reapply the peroxide an extra time or two. Test first in an inconspicuous spot for color fastness.

There isn't much Dawn dish liquid soap won't get out. Pre-treat it with Dawn, let it sit and wash.

I know all the responses are from women... Except mine. But I took a little advice from this post, little advice from that one... Wha la, my own solution. I took the pillow case (no judging, it's valentines day!) with the chocolate stain and rubbed 2% milk into it using small circles. Then put about a dime size drop of Palmolive on it, small circles, little more milk and BAM!!! Gone! My girl was impressed with the night but I think she was even more impressed with my stain removal abilities! Lol

Not to worry. Apply full fat milk/heavy cream (skimmed milk wont work) on stained part of the cloth with cotton/tooth brush. Keep aside for 2-3 minutes. Scrub again gently. Rinse with warm water and detergent.

Answer

How can I remove chocolate syrup from a white tee shirt, 100% cotton? The tee shirt has already been washed.

By Anne from Fitzgerald, GA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How do you remove chocolate stains from clothing?

By ellens7 from Rockville, MD

Answers:

Chocolate Stains

I keep a bar of Ivory soap handy and wash out chocolate, blood, red wine stains easily. Use cold water, never hot. Hot will set the stain. You have to use Ivory bar soap, seems like other soaps just set the stain. (07/19/2009)

By MddsonMorg

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Chocolate is my enemy in more ways than one. I have a bad habit of eating some chocolate during the night. I then fall asleep, and drool melted chocolate on sheets, pillowcases and nightgowns. Mostly cotton, and always Hershey's. I have tried Shout Extra, Tide, soaking, scrubbing, and lots more. Of course, by the time I can get to the laundromat the chocolate is hard and dry. I scrub the spot with hot water to melt it, then I wash in cold water, treating the stain with laundry soap. No matter what I do, I cannot get the brown stain out. Please help.

Dori Ann from Belvidere, NJ

Answers:

Chocolate Stains

I use dish liquid (any brand) for food stains. But my favorite spot remover is the one that starts with a Z. I want to say Zout, but don't think that is right. Good luck. (03/26/2008)

By Carol in PA

Chocolate Stains

One word for really difficult and rather oily stains: GOOP. It's a waterless hand cleaner like you might find in a garage. It can be found at auto-parts stores, and in some bigger grocery stores in the soap aisle. You just rub some of this into the area and let it sit about 20 minutes. Then wash it as usual. I don't wash anything in hot or warm water. We stopped having a lot of stains. I also took to making my own laundry soap, again way fewer stains. Remember to always check the stain before you put it in the dryer.
(03/26/2008)

By Shosha

Chocolate Stains

This is Dori Ann from Belvidere, NJ. Thanks to all who answered my post. I tried many of your "tricks" and found the best thing to remove not only chocolate stains, but also garden dirt on my new jeans. The winner is Dawn dish soap. I was blown away. From now on that's what I put on any stain. I used the new foam that left a lot of bubbles in the washer, so I just ran it through a double rinse before washing as normal. My best friend is a self-proclaimed slob. Whatever she eats is on her shirt. She has ruined many tops with bleach and a Q-tip. Now she uses Dawn on everything. Too bad Dawn doesn't make a laundry detergent. Thank you everyone. (04/07/2008)

By Dori Ann from Belvidere, NJ

Chocolate Stains

I agree with the dish soap solution. My dish soap is Palmolive, but worked like a charm, even after I had used laundry stain remover, washed the shirt, and dried it (which usually sets any remaining stain for good). (08/06/2008)

By Gina

Chocolate Stains

My 8 year old got chocolate ice cream on some pants of hers and I could not get the stain out even after pretreating it with a stain remover. After reading this I tried my dish soap and it was a miracle. The stains were vanishing right away. I'll always resort to the dish soap from now on. I used the Clorox Green Works dish soap since I didn't have Dawn. This worked great. (02/14/2009)

By Ruth

Chocolate Stains

I am an American that lives in Belgium, and I used Belgian non-brand dishwashing liquid, and it came right out. So you can use any kind of dish washing liquid. (02/15/2009)

By JonasvanDijk

Chocolate Stains

Add me to the people who had success removing chocolate stains from white clothing by using dishwashing liquid. I used 7th Generation "eco-friendly" liquid and it worked just as well as the brands mentioned by others. I got the chocolate stains on my white capri pants the first time I wore them. I was so afraid the pants would be ruined after only one wearing. But the stains came right out. So many thanks for a great tip. (02/22/2009)

By Martha L. from OR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have set-in chocolate stain on my clothes. I don't know how the chocolate candies got in the washer or dryer, but I found the stain after I had dried my clothes. There are stains in several shirts and sweatpants that are all brand new.

Jade from Ventura, CA

Answers:

Set-in Chocolate Stains on Clothes

I got a Pink brand white tee with green lettering from Victoria's Secret for Christmas and I split hot coco on it and the Dawn worked! I let the shirt soak in cold water for about ten minutes then put dawn on my fingers and rubbed it in and the stain was disappearing. Then i put it in the wash with cold water and regular detergent and the stain came out! (12/23/2007)

By Courtney

Set-in Chocolate Stains on Clothes

Thanks so very much, Courtney, for your response to my question. What a great Christmas gift to get the answer to my question.

Merry Christmas and a very happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year to you, Courtney, and to everyone out there!

Sincerely, (12/26/2007)

By JPW63

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have medium green color cotton slacks that have a chocolate stain on them. What is the best way to get it out?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I spilled the kind of chocolate that hardens onto my favorite pants. The chocolate came out but some kind of oily(?) residue has remained.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning StainsDecember 7, 2010
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 27, 2016 at 1:12:27 PM on 10.0.0.239 in 404 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.