Tightening T-shirt Sleeves

Category Alterations
T-shirt
Sometimes the perfect t-shirt has sleeves that are too full and baggy. It is easy to make some adjustments so that they fit the way you would like. This is a guide about tightening t-shirt sleeves.

I am 14 and do not know about sewing. I just want to know how to tighten my t-shirt sleeves, I'm a male. Please explain, step by step, the easiest way to do this. Thanks.

By Denim

Best Answer

The only way I know how to tell you to do this, would be if you have access to a sewing machine. Then turn the shirt inside out, and on the edge of the sleeve where the hem is, start sewing there, when you first start, sew about 1/2" in and then back up and go forward again. You will gradually have to taper the seam so that when you get just past the armhole you can meet up with the seam of the shirt. When you get to this point go back for about 1/2" and then forward again. It will be best if use thread that matches the color of the shirt. Do you have a female relative that could help you with this. Some men even do sewing, in order to patch their clothes. I even know a man that took an old worn out pair of jeans and made a carpenter's apron to suit his needs.