Flapjacks for Teatime Treat

Flapjacks are the most economical teatime treat and kids love them. Melt half cup of butter in a small pan, add golden syrup (about one cup) and stir until warm through. Then take off heat and stir in two cups of rolled oats until they are fully absorbed. Roll the mixture into shallow baking tin and bake for ten to fifteen minutes. Eat when cold and store for months.

By Lucy L. from England

I see your email is from England. Is the "golden syrup" you mention what U.S.A. would call honey or a light maple or corn syrup? This recipe looks great and I want to make it as soon as I know which ingredient to use. Thank you.

At what temperature do you bake the Flapjacks?

Golden syrup can sometimes be found in the Imported foods section of the supermarket in the U.S. It has a different flavor than corn or maple syrup and I don't think they would be a good substitute. Actually, I think molasses would be better if you can't find golden syrup. Enjoy!

Hi Lucy,

We're from Minnesota, USA. I couldn't find golden syrup so I used corn syrup. My husband and son loved them and they are so fast and easy to make. He's of Scottish descent and eats his oats almost every day! Delicious. Do you store them in a tin? Thank you!

English Flapjacks Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SnacksMarch 9, 2010
Shortbread cookies.
Gluten Free Shortbread Recipes
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Easter Cupcakes
Easter Treat Recipes
Cat Food Trick-or-Treat Bag
Making a Cat Food Trick-or-Treat Bag