Foods That Cause Acne

Are there any foods that cause pimples to flare up? Can anyone please give me a list of foods to avoid that cause acne to flare up? Thanks!

Kelly from Seattle

DAIRY FOODS can cause acne. http://notmilk.com/z.html

Give ALL dairy up for a week or two and see if that doesn't make a difference (it will).

Hi Kelly! When I was a teenager, I had acne really bad on my back. The dermatologist told me to buy salt without iodine because iodine causes a lot of people to break out. She insisted that we get enough iodine in other foods, such as fish. You should probably ask your doctor about that, though. Anyway, to this day, if I use salt with iodine, I will break out. I hope this helps. Iodine seems to be the only thing that affects me.

My uncle had awful acne with boils until a doctor told him to eliminate dairy foods. It cleared up very well. I have also noticed that people who won't eat veggies (cooked and raw) have more acne. Hope this helps.

Here are foods that cause acne for me. All of them have ingredients that are difficult to digest or are are devoid of real nutrition.

chocolate, dairy (non-dairy coffee creamer, milk, cheese, butter, margarine, cottage cheese, crackers, bread), eggs, sugar, colas, processed food, fast food, less red meat

To get healthier skin, I had to quit eating the above foods and get more of the following: vitamins (vitamin e, b complex), green leafy veggies, fish, specifically salmon, tuna, water, filtered not tap water which contains fluoride and heavy metals.

I've found that sugar and refined flours (in most processed foods) cause me to break out. I think it has a lot to do with hormonal imbalances from the surge of insulin your body has to produce after eating these. I've also noticed that I get a lot of clogged pores when I eat dairy. My skin always looks the best when I eat lots of vegetables and get regular exercise.

Our dermatologist told me that it isn't foods that causes acne. He said it has to do with heredity. (when I took my teenagers, he examined my skin for large pores... lol)

There is a condition called Rosecea that resembles acne and is common in adults. (There is also adult acne which needs to be treated by a dermatologist as does Rosecea.) People with Rosecea should not eat spicy foods, drink alcoholic beverages, or anything with caffeine. If they continue to do that, they will get what is known as a W.C. Fields' nose. He was famous and had a distinctive red bulbous nose because of his Rosecea.

Good luck

Hi Kelly

Eat as many fruits and veges as possible, and avoid man-made foods or takeaways. The best advice is to scrub your face twice daily with a specialist acne soap or cleanser.

Good luck!

I am over 50 yrs old and no matter how much docs say food doesn't cause acne flare-ups, I strongly disagree! BUTTER definitely still at my age gives me breakouts. I have to be so careful with restauarant food made with butter and when I am lax, I get a pimple.

It's not so much what you eat. But if you are handling greasy foods with your hands then touch your face you're putting the grease onto your face which causes pimples.

If you are allergic to any foods they will cause a "flare-up". Also, when I was in the Navy, a dermatologist advised me to shower in the coolest water I could tolerate instead of the steamy temperature I preferred. I've never tolerated what anyone could call cool water, but when I cut back the temperature the acne disappeared like magic!

Try to steer clear of chocolate and greasy foods. They tend to go straight to your face. Keep your pores clean and clear by washing daily, but not so much to dry your face out. Hope everything works out:)

cream cheese has always caused acne for me...

Popcorn, pizza cheese greas, potato chips, anything greasy basically.

Greasy foods do not cause acne. Stress is most likely the cause for your acne. Chocolate does not cause acne either.

I was a vegetarian for a few years (when I was a more determined individual) and my acne became significantly less visible. I also tend to have clearer skin and more energy when I exercise regularly. More vegetables and less meat really help! Hopefully I can take my own advice!

Hey people, acne is not caused by anything you eat. Certain foods may make the problem worse, but skin conditions are different manifestations of candida over-growth. Starchy foods, grains & high glycemic foods make it worse, cause these foods feed the candida. It likes those foods that turn to sugar easily. If meat causes u trouble, then it's cause you have poor digestion. Protein is harder to digest. If it goes into the intestines only partly digested, then it causes problems with that part of the digestion process. It can become leaky gut, this is when those undigested foods get into the body. This feeds candida. The body considers it a foreign invader & attacks it. This leads to auto-immune problems.

If you have candida over-growth, get it taken care of. This is not something you want to play around with. Look on the net for symptoms & they are far ranging. Been there, done that, not fun at all!

I was just going to mention using salt without iodine, when I noticed somone else had posted info on that. I would just like to add that if you wash with an anti-dandruff shampoo, it can sometimes help to clear it up.

Preventing Acne, Young Woman washing her face
Preventing Acne
Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care Acne PreventionApril 28, 2008
A girl popping a pimple.
What Causes Acne?
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Woman applying acne cream to her face.
Homemade Acne Cream Recipes
Teenager Holding His Hair Up to Show Acne on Forehead
Acne Remedies
🎄
🍂