Using Diatomaceous Earth for Worms in a Pregnant Dog

By Galaxy 1

I want to use diatomaceous earth to treat my pregnant dog for worms. I know that because of her size I need to give her 1/2 teaspoon full. I need to know how long I should continue the treatment and want to know if it is safe to use with a pregnant dog. I would appreciate any advice on these two questions. Thank you.

By Galaxy from CA

Showing: Answers Sort

By meloney 109 Flag

After making absolutely sure that you are using FOOD-GRADE Diatomaceous Earth, you may continue feeding your dog with it as long as she lives. Even though our cats are total house cats, they still get that diatomaceous earth 3-4 times a week sprinkled over their food. It doesn't have to be 1/2 tsp all the time, just a sprinkle will work as long as you're also rubbing it through their fur, back and tummies. They're going to pick up more of it from their bedding as well as when they groom themselves. Always be careful that they are not breathing

it in when you're getting it rubbed through their fur.

What they eat moves through the digestive system, which won't affect the reproductive process, so continue with it during and after pregnancy. The puppies will benefit for it as well when they are nursing if you rub it into the mama dog's tummy.

I first learned about DE right here on ThriftyFun, then had a nice long talk with my vet about it who admitted that it works exceptionally well. I noticed that he still isn't selling it though, and I sure wish he would.

Good Luck with your new little family of fur-babies.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By lifen2ndgear 2 8 Flag

I just used Neem Leaf by TheraNEEM organix and Wormwood Combination by Kroeger Herb. Then I had to use a probiotic on the food to help the good bacteria. We are worm free. The food you feed the dog needs to be for a sensitive tummy for awhile, low protein %. Don't know why, but it worked.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Pregnant Dog
Worming a Pregnant Dog
Previous
Pets Dogs AdviceAugust 1, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A dog sitting on the grass scratching at fleas.
Using Diatomaceous for Earth Fleas
Dog With Puppies
Children Around a Pregnant Dog
Pregnant Dog
Worming a Pregnant Dog
Pregnant Cat
Giving Medication to a Pregnant Cat
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 2:41:58 AM on 10.0.1.154 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings