Making Dish Towels Out of Muslin

I was given a bolt of muslin fabric, and I am not sure what to do with it all. I would love to make some kitchen dish towels for Christmas gifts. (My main craft is crocheting.) I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Cindy from Greenville, Oh

Could you make the towels, cut and hemmed, and crochet an edging on one or both ends with cotton thread? Maybe in colors to match the recipient's kitchen?

You could also make muslin angels. Cut out a large circle (I don't remember the measurements), sew lace around the bottom of the circle. Put a styrofoam ball in the center and tie the muslin around it. Then bring two ends together at center front and glue (for arms) Add a harp, or bouquet of flowers to her hands. Then glue on moss for hair, then blush for cheeks. Sew a pair of wings and glue on back, add a hangar, voila! Oh and add a ribbon bow around her neck or wide lace

Hi, are you talking about real thin gauze muslin or the heavier kind? If it is thin, you could cut it in strips a couple of inches wide and crochet it in about 12" squares or larger. That should make a heavy sturdy dish rag.

Crafts SewingNovember 28, 2008
Fluffy white towels.
Making Towels Soft
Red Brown and Red gingham dish towels
Uses for Dish Towels
Stack of Colored Towels
Saving Money on Towels
Stack of colorful towels.
Making Bath Towels More Absorbent
🎉
🎄