Beer Bread

A year ago I was introduced to Tastefully Simple. I love every product that I have purchased from them but they are kind of expensive. The one that I liked the most was their Beer Bread Mix. This sells for $5 a box that makes 1 loaf of bread. I recently found a recipe for beer bread that is so cheap and it is very easy.

Directions

Stir three cups self-rising flour, one third cup sugar and one 12 oz. can of beer into a big sticky lump. Grease a loaf pan with spray shortening or rub solid shortening, oil or butter around. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.

Pour on as much of a stick of melted butter that will run over the top and down the sides without overflowing; bake 15 minutes longer. Let it sit in the pan for at least 10 minutes to soak up all the butter before serving.

By Pattie from Warrens, WI

Whoa...this sounds so good, Pattie!!! Thanx for the recipe!!!

Wow this sounds good and EASY!! My kind of recipe.

Thanks alot, Patti

I just wanted to post an update. This bread also works with a can of pop just like the Tastfully Simple box mix. I baked a 7up bread this weekend and it turned out great. It is a sweet bread when using a can of soda instead of beer.

A loaf of freshly baked homemade bread.
Beer Bread Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts BreadsDecember 5, 2005
Uses for Beer
Uses for Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Glass of stout with hops scattered in foreground and keg in backgroung.
Storing Beer
vintage beer can
Collecting Beer Cans
🎉
🎄