Finding Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print

Does anyone know if a Thomas Kinkade library edition print, titled Forest Chapel, is worth anything? It's in a beautiful matted frame and about 24x20. Also, any ideas of where I could sell it? I tried to sell it at a yard sale for $200.00, Craiglist and eBay with no buyers.

By Angie from Cleveland, TN

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I wouldn't believe they are worth very much as they are produced by the thousands. But you should be able to find a art dealer in your area and ask them. They would have a better opinion.

First check to see if it is signed. Usually the signature would be at the bottom. Also look to see if it is a numbered print. It will have for example 121/300 near the bottom. That means it is the 121st print of 300. If it is signed and numbered it may very well be worth something. If it isn't you would be lucky to get 12.50 for it. That is the going price online.

Good Luck.

Gem

I think the Thomas Kinkade art is very pretty, while not exactly my taste. What did you pay for it? I looked him up on line and he is a real character, to say the least. I was shocked! Sounds like a good man gone very wrong. Sad.

This shows completed auctions: http://complete  sct=&guest=1

Thomas Kincade has put his paintings on everything, the value is very low maybe just for the frame. He has no value maybe an origional might be worth something, but most he has is prints and such, sorry to find out what it is or not worth, buy for the beauty of his paintings, not for future investment value.

I've tried ebay and can never find one as big as mine and one that says library edition. I didn't purchase it it was a gift from my mother-in-law several years ago when he was so popular. Not my decor choice either but very pretty and thoughtful gift. We don't really have an art dealer around here and Thomas Kincade store still has high prices on them but doesn't buy back. Thanks for help.

I am not familiar with Thomas Kinkade, but I suspect that if he has loads of these prints sold, it is worth the price of the framing, and not any more. I would suggest you find someone who likes this sort of thing, and gift it to them.

Have you come up with a price? I might be interested in buying it.

I am thinking $150.00 is what I would take for it.

Consumer Advice Collectibles ArtJanuary 11, 2011
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Woman Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
Fixing a Printer That Won't Print
A cardboard tube with a print.
Finding the Value of a Thomas Kinkade Print
installing software
Installing Corel Print House
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:30:34 PM on 10.0.2.225 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.