Ice at the Bottom of a Frost Free Freezer

I have ice build up in the bottom of my GE freezer. I have melted the ice and tried Vaseline on the seals, but the condition still persists. Please advise.

By DiD from Berkeley, CA

Answers

August 5, 2010 Flag

My frost free freezer is forming ice at the bottom. Why?

Ralph from Philadelphia, PA

Answers:

I was thinking that maybe something leaked and then froze at the bottom.

This is from the fridgidaire site:

Door could be ajar slightly or gasket not making contact with cabinet. Check for seal. Doors remaining open for long periods of time will cause moisture and frost to accumulate. The moisture will disappear after a period of time. Humid weather will cause moisture and frost to accumulate faster and this is normal. If moisture is between doors, turn off your power saver switch located near the control box on some models.

Also:

One way to make sure your seals are good is to stick a dollar in between the door and freezer and if it can be moved around, the seal may need to be replaced. Also try Vaseline to help the seal "connect" a little better.

Hope that helps
http://www.frugalforlife.blogspot.com (04/20/2007)

By FFL

Check out the answer at en.allexperts.com

I had the exact same problem today and am now in the process of trying to defrost out the 6 inch chunk of ice (04/29/2007)

By kebling

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances FreezerAugust 5, 2010
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Kenmore Refrigerator's Ice Maker Won't Stop Making Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Veggie Ice Pack
Improvised Ice Packs from Your Freezer
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 12:39:59 AM on 10.0.2.145 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.