Locating My Ex-Husband

Tips and ideas for locating your ex-husband. Read other people's ideas and post your ideas below.

Hire a tracker to find him they are expensive but worth it.

My ex and I have been separated for 17yrs. We aren't divorced and he married someone else in 2002. I want a divorce but don't know how to get in contact with him. I want him to pay for it.

November 30, 2011 Flag

I need to know if he is living or whether he is deceased. How to search for this information?

By JD from NC

I wonder why you need to know? If it concerns social security, they will know.

I Googled. I Googled his name, and the names of everyone in his family, and ya know, it really is scary how much info is out there on the Internet, wowsa! I even got his house address and telephone number, his sister's Facebook page, and a ton of other info.

Try findagrave.com. You can search different parts of the country and if he's dead and buried you'll likely find his grave. I was doing a family tree and a woman at the cemetery told me about this site and I found a lot of burial places of relatives all over the country. It will also tell you of obituaries and you may find information there you can use. Also try familysearch.org. Also try genealogy.com.

One of these sites, don't remember which but has census records. The latest years are not listed yet though. If you do a search, type in his name and the census will list all the people in that household. You'll also find where he lived at the time of that census. Depending on how old he is, this may help you, or it may not. In any case, you'll certainly learn about your ancestors and you'll have a lot of fun in the process. Good luck!

You can also try the Salvation Army. They are especially helpful when you truly can't find someone, if they may be homeless or an alcoholic (I don't know your situation, so I am not saying this is the case).

Over the past 5 years we have gotten calls and letters off and on, from the SA, someone looking for their grandfather with the same name as my husband. Hope you find what you need!

March 24, 2010 Flag

I am looking for my dad; he lives in Detroit MI on the westside. Where do I go to find him for free? Or who can I hire to find him?

By Ronnesha from Auburn, AL

Answers:

Locating My Ex-Husband

I recommend this site to all: privateeye.com

It will tell you if they are there usually and you can tell if it's them because other people who do or have lived with them on record at other times will be listed next to their names. They used to give more detail, so that's the next step to solve: whitepages.com may or may not have their address and phone number, only land phone lines, but with an address you can call information OR, you can call the main library of the nearest large town [your own if you live in a fairly large town] and many times a librarian will look up their number in the phone book for you, or you can email the library research line.Most large libraries have phone books for large cities all over the world.

There may also be someone here who has a membership in a site like privateeye.com or peoplefinders.com who would be willing to look up some info for you, if the membership covers every look up; if it's per report, well then, maybe not.

A surprising thing to me, so maybe it will be to you, is just google the name. I have found myself and many people that way, especially if you know the entire name and the exact spelling. It's a start.

I was answering this to 'want to find my father, free resources' but somehow I ended up answering want to find my ex, but info is good for both. (03/14/2010)

By PIKKA

Locating My Ex-Husband

Have you tried locating him using the whitepages.com? You can also check the real estate records at the tax assessor's office in Detroit. Also, you can google his name and see what comes up. There are some people finder services that charge about $25.00 if you want to spend a little. (03/18/2010)

By mulberry204

Locating My Ex-Husband

http://www.usa-people-search.com/
http://www.whitepages.com/10583/?source=GO000009&KW=white_pages&&s_kwcid=white%20pages|1105985480 (03/18/2010)

By Cajun62234

Locating My Ex-Husband

I've had pretty good luck with zabasearch.com.
(03/18/2010)

By susanmajp

Locating My Ex-Husband

I've known a few people who found who they were looking for via MySpace, Facebook or Twitter. Even if it doesn't seem possible that he would have one of those accounts it's worth a try. (03/18/2010)

By Deeli

Locating My Ex-Husband

Try "switchboard" or "yahoopeople" on the internet. Easy to find anyone except if their name is very common like Smith. (03/18/2010)

By moravice

March 14, 2010 Flag

How can I go about finding my ex-husband? I want to change my kids' surname.

Vicky from UK

Answers:

Locating My Ex-Husband

Contact a lawyer. You don't have to find him you have to try to find him. The lawyer will know all the ins and outs. Good luck. (01/04/2008)

By wvrdnkwmn

Locating My Ex-Husband

Use this free website to locate someone.
You may find several addresses for the same person if they move around much.

zabasearch.com (01/04/2008)

By Lorelei

Locating My Ex-Husband

Our Family and Probate court has a free lawyer available one morning of each week to help people prepare for court. Call the court clerk and see if this is the same in your area. If there is no lawyer then you could also ask the clerk for help on what steps you need to take. When I divorced my ex husband I didn't know where he was either and all I had to do was run a couple of legal ads in the classified section of a couple of newspapers in the area I last knew him to be living in. It's not going to be as hard as you think, however it's going to take time. Be patient and good luck. (01/05/2008)

Locating My Ex-Husband

When I am trying to find someone, I go to either:

whitepages.com

or

switchboard.com

or

whowhere.com

It's helped me find people. Good luck.
(01/06/2008)

By Annie

Locating My Ex-Husband

I paid 20 dollars to find my 2 half sisters on the internet. One was in California and one in Texas and I'm from Illinois. I've found my little girl friend from when I was 10 years old, on Yahoo people search for free. I found her mom in Tennessee and I'm now 48 and she and I have both been married. It's very easy if you're willing to pay 20 dollars, but try Yahoo people search, it's really good. (01/07/2008)

By Lily 59

Locating My Ex-Husband

Read the privacy policy at zabasearch and the FindLaw article too. It's good information if you want to preserve your own privacy. They can find people because we all give out our personal information so often, in contests, surveys, mortgage documents, all sorts of public records. I'd like to see a Thriftyfun article on how we can preserve what's left of our personal privacy. (01/07/2008)

By Jantoo

Locating an Ex-husband
Locating an Ex-husband
Consumer Advice General AdviceMarch 14, 2010
A woman holding her nose.
Locating the Source of a Foul Smell in House
Stack of Free Tires
Locating Free Tires
Boyfriend and Girlfriend
Locating an Old Boyfriend
Locating Adopted Relatives
Locating Adopted Relatives
🎄