Dilute Fabric Softener For Twice As Much

I love using fabric softener for my laundry, and one bottle of fabric softener makes two for me, and I'll share how:

I saved one of my empty fabric softener containers and when I bought a new one the same size, I poured 1/2 the contents into the empty, saved, bottle and filled both bottles to the top with water. I use a 1/2 capful in each load and it lasts me for more than a month. Try it.

Note: Most fabric softeners these days are ultra brands or very thick and loaded with perfumes and work just the same when diluted.

Umm al Quain, UAE

Top Comment

Here's another way to save on fabric softener.

Use 1 capful of liquid softener mixed in a 32 oz spray bottle of water. Spray a few squirts of this diluted fabric softener onto an old clean washcloth or other similar size piece of material and throw it into the dryer with your clothes. Use the same cloth over and over again. Just spray it again and throw it back into the dryer with the next load.

Top Comment

That's a good idea bluealt, but instead of fooling with 2 bottles of fabric softner and all that water, why don't you just use less fabric softner? That might be easier. Just an idea. One tip I use for dryer sheets is to cut them in half after buying and just just half a sheet for each load. Half works just fine, for half the price!

Top Comment

I really liked your suggestion sbb1. I am going to try it. My washer doesnt have a fabric softener dispenser so I use one of the Downy brand "balls" that dispenses it. I try to do half and half, but its not as good as the way you do it. (smile)

My father always said, "Its not how much money you earn, but how you spend the money you have." I think that is why your suggestion appeals so to me.

Warm regards from the other side of our planet,

Wow, one capful in a 32 oz bottle sounds awesome. Thanks!

Fabric Softener
Saving Money on Fabric Softener
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMay 15, 2008
Fabric Softener Reviews
Fabric Softener Reviews
Mashed potatoes with bacon and cheese.
Twice Baked Mashed Potato Recipes
Downy Fabric Softener Ball
Uses For Downy Fabric Softener Balls
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
Cleaning a Fabric Softener Dispenser
🎉
🎄