Honey Lime Fruit Dip Recipe

I am looking for a honey lime fruit dip recipe. With fresh fruit on the way, it would be a welcome addition to a summertime meal. I tried to make one with low-fat yogurt, honey and fresh lime juice/zest. Although it tasted great, it came out way too runny, almost like a sauce. Hope you can help!

By Susanne56 from OH

I would suggest draining the yogurt first. Take a mesh strainer and line it with paper towels and put it over a bowl. Put the plain yogurt into this and let drain overnight. What you will have is a very thick yogurt. Then add the honey and lime juice until you get the desired consistency. Sounds yummy :)

1 cup plain yogurt

2 tbsp. honey

1 tbsp. lime juice

Grated zest of lime to taste

Mix well. Cover and chill overnight.

Thank you for the suggestions. The favor IS wonderful... sweet enough to enhance the fruit(especially strawberries and kiwi fruit), but it doesn't mask the true fresh fruit flavor. Deeli's recipe sounds like mine except mine was for fat free or low-fat yogurt. Maybe that's why it was so thin. I'll try it with regular yogurt. Maybe I could use fat free or low-fat if I drained it like samsmomie24 suggests. Draining is an excellent idea.

I'll give both variations a try!

Try using key lime or lemon flavored yogurt, lime zest. and 2 T honey. To make the dip greener, add a little green gelatin powder.

Fruit Dip Recipes
Fruit Dip Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsJune 15, 2009
Slice of Key Lime Pie on Blue Plate with Fork
Key Lime Pie Recipes
Using Lime Leaves
Using Lime Leaves
Fruit Salad
Honey Fruit Salad Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes
Honey Mustard Dip Recipes