Yogurt Lids as Trash Bag Ties

I reuse the tops of plastic containers, such as yogurt and sour cream and such, to hold trash bags closed. I came up with this idea after looking at the little plastic things that hold bread bags closed and deciding I wanted one of those for the garbage bags. I take the lid and cut it half way into the center. At the center, I make a small pea sized hole, then come out very close to the last cut. Now I can put this on the trash bag. The dogs can't get into it, but I can get into it in a hurry if I have to without untying the bag itself or twisting off those twisty ties.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Good tip. And it gives you a use for the extra lids. I use the bottoms for things like paint water cups and so on, pet dishes, and what not, but there are always extra lids.

Uses for Yogurt Containers, Open Yogurt Container With spoon in it.
Uses for Yogurt Containers
Better Living Green Living ReusingOctober 22, 2010
Mug of slighty lumpy Greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Recipes
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
Bowl of plain  yogurt.
Low Fat Yogurt Recipes
Homemade yogurt in jars.
Using an EasiYo Yogurt Maker