Van Cargo Organizing

I have a full size van and on occasion when hauling groceries if I don't tie the bags closed the contents end up rolling up into the van on a quick stop or falling out when I open the door after driving up a hill.

Recently found a solution. I wanted to set up a display for a charity I am participating in and acquired a card board display that a store was done with. I had the display in the van when I went shopping and found out by accident just how convenient it was.

It helps me organize the more fragile bags of things into a concealed area for protection. It prevents objects from becoming projectiles while I drive.

This is a great time to acquire these card board displays because the Christmas displays are being taken down and thrown out. I found a replacement for my charity project while visiting a store to buy Christmas card being clearanced. It was in the middle of the store completely empty so I just carried it to the register and asked if I could have it. They said "Sure, have fun". :)

Now I can keep my van organizer. The great thing is it is light enough to pull out and put aside if I really need the cargo area.

By suntydt from Tazewell, TN

Good idea, but you will find that there is less tipping over and spillage if you switch to cloth bags.

I think this is a great idea, and a neat way to recycle those store displays. Good thinking!

Similar to your idea, I repurposed a large rectangular laundry basket with a broken handle to contain grocery bags in the boot (trunk) of my car. It really keeps them from rolling around in there! Plus it's tucked tightly to one side of the boot so the other half is still free for large/bulky items.

It's a good idea to tie the bags. I have had them fall out on the parking lot & lost a couple cans of food that way when they rolled under another shoppers parked car!

I couldn't wait around all day & didn't want to interrupt their shopping trip with a visit to customer service to call them on the intercom - so I lost my food. The upside is I learned to tie the bags from this lesson! Also a simple cardboard box or plastic bin would solve the problem you've described. Thanks ~!

Organizing Your Car
Organizing Your Car
Organizing AutoJanuary 5, 2010
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Balancing and Organizing Your Checkbook
Organizing Linens
Organizing Linens
Pots, pans and lidshanging on the pegboard in kitchen.
Organizing with Pegboards
Organizing Your Office
Organizing an Office
🎄