Set Aside a Box of Necessities When Moving

I have moved well over 20 times in my life and the following tip has saved me a lot of frustration and money. I pack 1 box of necessities needed immediately. For my family of four I pack: 4 sets of cutlery, plates, cups, pots, frying pan, condiment, salt and pepper, sugar (packets from restaurants), toilet paper, towels, toiletry samples, etc.. You get the idea.

I mark the box clearly "Kitchen Counter" and ask that it be one of the last boxes loaded on the truck and one of the first to be unloaded. I have no problems finding the box and it saves me time searching various boxes for items I may need immediately.

By Susan from San Ramon, CA

I've now completed just 1 major move &, like you, I was fairly successful in keeping several totes of up-front necessities clearly marked & with me. What I forgot, however, is to do this with my cordless (or any sort of) phones. They were in 1 of the many boxes marked w/ blue for "electronics", & so I had to dig around to find them once the move was complete.

moving tips and tricks
Moving Tips and Tricks
Organizing MovingJuly 22, 2008
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
A bride with gifts.
Gift Ideas for Newlyweds
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄