Hang Soap At Outdoor Spigot

I put a bar of soap in the toe of a cut off leg of pantyhose and tie it onto my out side water faucets. It is handy for clean up after working in the yard and saves bringing the grime into the house. I have also taken these to picnics, family gatherings, etc. and slip knotted them onto a faucet for hand washing.

By plwp12 from Odessa, TX

What a thoughtful thing to do! Our parks (at least in my small city in OH) leave something to be desired where soap and water needs are concerned.

Thank you. The last family gathering we had was in a state park so they had faucets where we were. But, the soap came in handy as we had a bunch of little ones who needed good hand washes before we ate. I left it hanging there for the next group.

I am impressed! Great Idea, and I will get a lot of use out of it. Thanks!

Terrific idea! Will do it myself and pass it on. The other great thing about this is that now I can fill up the watering cans at night to save time in the morning. I'll just dip the soap in the top to make the water unappealing to mosquitos. I'd been thinking of bringing a small container of dish soap out for that purpose, but this is even better, and neater!

Great idea, good place to use up those slivers or free bars from motels also.

Great idea. I'll put it in our monthly newsletter for our little community. Of course, I'll credit you and let everyone know about the ThriftyFun website.

Cindy, Bayview, Idaho

Great idea! For my outside taps we have both hot and cold water. To get cleaned up after gardening I drill a hole in a bar of ivory soap, then slip a long shoe lace through the hole. The grandkids love to hang the soap around their necks so they can have an "outdoor shower".

What a fantastic idea! I'll have to remember this tip when I have my daughers 1st birthday at our local park!

July 8, 2010 Flag

A great use for those little extra bits of bar soap is to take a mesh sack (I use the ones avocados or onions come in) and fill it with the extra bits of soap. Hang it on your outdoor spigot! It's great in the summer when you need to wash your hands after doing yard work. Hope it helps!

By Jules from Amesbury, MA

Hang Soap Pieces At Outdoor Spigot

That is a great idea. I also just had an idea to add to yours. To protect the soap from the rain you could use the top part of a pop bottle. Take the nylon stocking or sack of soap and slide it through the hole before you tie the bag to the spigot. This will act as a cover for the soap. All you have to do is slide the cover up to use the soap. It would look like a bell. Sept. 2008. I have just finished a season of my nylon knee highs of soap tied to the outdoor spouts and found that it worked great even without the protective bottle. The rain didn't seen to affect the soap! (01/10/2008)

By Joycer

Hang Soap Pieces At Outdoor Spigot

That is a great idea! Thanks so much! (01/11/2008)

By Elizabeth

Hang Soap Pieces At Outdoor Spigot

Wonderful ideas and now I want to add mine. Many of you are using the "Bar Soap under the bottom sheet " to stop leg cramps. DH and I both use them but have to replace them about every three months. To keep them from moving around or fall off the bed, I tie the soap in an old nylon sock or toes of old panty hose. Now I will just take them and hang outside( in a cut in half plastic bottle) ;-) Thanks ,GG Vi (01/12/2008)

By Great Granny Vi

A female gardener wearing a green apron.
Gardening Tips and Tricks
Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsJuly 8, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale