Helpful HintsGardening

Hang Soap At Outdoor Spigot

I put a bar of soap in the toe of a cut off leg of pantyhose and tie it onto my out side water faucets. It is handy for clean up after working in the yard and saves bringing the grime into the house. I have also taken these to picnics, family gatherings, etc. and slip knotted them onto a faucet for hand washing.

By plwp12 from Odessa, TX

What a thoughtful thing to do! Our parks (at least in my small city in OH) leave something to be desired where soap and water needs are concerned.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Thank you. The last family gathering we had was in a state park so they had faucets where we were. But, the soap came in handy as we had a bunch of little ones who needed good hand washes before we ate. I left it hanging there for the next group.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I am impressed! Great Idea, and I will get a lot of use out of it. Thanks!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Terrific idea! Will do it myself and pass it on. The other great thing about this is that now I can fill up the watering cans at night to save time in the morning. I'll just dip the soap in the top to make the water unappealing to mosquitos. I'd been thinking of bringing a small container of dish soap out for that purpose, but this is even better, and neater!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great idea, good place to use up those slivers or free bars from motels also.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great idea. I'll put it in our monthly newsletter for our little community. Of course, I'll credit you and let everyone know about the ThriftyFun website.

Thanks.

Cindy, Bayview, Idaho

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Great idea! For my outside taps we have both hot and cold water. To get cleaned up after gardening I drill a hole in a bar of ivory soap, then slip a long shoe lace through the hole. The grandkids love to hang the soap around their necks so they can have an "outdoor shower".

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a fantastic idea! I'll have to remember this tip when I have my daughers 1st birthday at our local park!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Home and Garden Gardening Helpful HintsJuly 8, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Making Soap on a Rope, Heart Shaped Soap on a Rope
Making Soap on a Rope
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 26, 2017 at 8:15:11 PM on 10.0.1.183 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.