Removing Blue Jeans Dye From Pink Top

I washed jeans with a pink top. Now there is blue dye all over top. How can I take the dye out?

Louise from New Zealand

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Rit(the dye people) have a product out that removes allcolor so if you were to purchase it you would have to redye you're shirt. It does work. Good luck.

That happened to me today. My daughter washed her orange uniform top (made of nylon) with a pair of new blue jeans. There were blue spots on the top and they were obvious. After rinsing with cold water and trying hair spray (which didn't work), I poured shampoo on each spot and rubbed the stained part of the fabric vigously in the palm of my hand. I continued to pour more shampoo, and rub and rinse all the affected areas. The stains are almost completely gone.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsAugust 12, 2008
Blue Jeans
Keeping Blue Jeans Looking Like New
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 1:52:41 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.